The Church Bells of the City of London

ALL HALLOWS, BREAD STREET

wpeA9.jpg (8388 bytes)

Formerly 2 bells
Tenor: 12 cwt approx. in F sharp
Church and tower demolished 1878.
Bells transferred to All Hallows, East India Dock Road.

DETAILS OF THE BELLS

Bell

Weight

Diameter

Note

Cast

Founder

Small Bell

3 cwt approx. 24" F sharp

1761

Lester & Pack

Large Bell

12 cwt approx. 41" F sharp 1733 Richard Phelps

INSCRIPTIONS

SMALL LESTER & PACK FECIT. 1761.

LARGE THE REVD WILLIAM WARNFORD D.D. RECTOR ROUND LAMPARD, EDMOND BRETT. CHURCH
(same line) WARDENS. RICHARD PHELPS MADE MEE 1733.

HISTORY

1552

Record of 4 bells plus a saunce bell and a clock striking upon one of the bells, and also a chime of small bells.

1666

Destroyed in the Great Fire.

1677-84

Rebuilt by Wren after the Great Fire.

1708

Record of "one small bell to ring at prayer time".

1733

Large bell cast by Richard Phelps.

1761

Small bell cast by Lester & Pack.

1824

Record of 2 bells.

1876

Parish united with that of St Mary le Bow.

1878

Church and tower demolished to make way for warehouses. The bells were transferred to All Hallows, East India Dock Road.