Untitled Document
St Olave Silver St
 

St Olave Silver St, Silver St


  • Formerly 2 bells.
  • Grid Ref: TQ322815
  • Diocese: London

History

1552 No mention of bells in the Edwardian Inventory, [1]
1666 The church was destroyed in the Great Fire and not rebuilt. The parish was united with St Alban, Wood Street. The churchyard is preserved. Walters suggested that the tower had 2 bells at this time. [2]
[1] (Walters MS pg 161)
[2] (Walters MS pg 18)

Pictures of the site today



Photo:


Photo:

Love's Guide to the Church Bells of the City of London Page updated: 13 October 2019